Tuesday, April 7, 2015

@PayPal Wins Again

In my previous post about my problems with PayPal, I covered the majority of my problem with their service. In this post, I want to further explain how no matter what you do, there is always some technique they use to get out of solving a problem.

In all of my conversations with them, I explained how it was clear they were lying to me. Not because I decided to accuse them of lying but because of a series of statements they made which turns out, they weren't authorized to make after all.

The first few people I spoke to at the My PayPal My Cash service said that they were aware of the problem. As a matter of fact, the person who said this told me that it wasn't anything I did and since it was early in the process of calling this in, I accepted it and moved on.

My final two calls were around five o'clock Monday morning. The first one was back to the My PayPal My Cash people where rather than tell the agent what my problem was, I asked them if they had any known issues on their system. To this, they asked which company I was with before they started to maneuver me over to PayPal.

After this, I explained the issue and learned that they didn't handle the system I had problems with, PayPal did that. Which meant that the first two agents who told me they were aware of the problem and were fixing it were lying to me.

When I was convinced they couldn't do anything, I made my final call to PayPal where I explained the problem and demanded that they escalate.

When they wouldn't I explained to them that all of this could be fixed with an escalation, but they were trained by their supervisors to not escalate calls as I know this is how it works in the call center ranks. Of course, how convenient is it that her system was down so she would not be able to get me to a supervisor?

The other thing that pissed me off was when she settled for telling me that they would have to refer me to My PayPal My Cash service for support. To this, I told her that she wasn't helping the situation by throwing the ball back the other way as this is an ancient technique used to avoid the problem completely.

So I'm forced to go through the same route like everyone else and request a refund which is sent to me in the form of a check. How interesting is it that PayPal can't send money to you, through PayPal and they have to send you a check?

I called these guys back again to get a little agreement on something. This guy I spoke to named Robert  told me that some people don't go far enough to check things out. In the end, we came to the agreement that there was nothing they could do now that I had already started the refund process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment