Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Fight With Uncertainty Continues

I don't remember that anyone ever told me to fight for what I wanted. Because, I don't think I ever knew or made it clear to anyone around me. For me it was enough to just live, be or whatever.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that other than that it's left me unprepared and constantly frustrated from day-to-day. But let me put this together for you.

I don't have time to put together a plan. My daily writing habits usually put me in two modes, 1. at a high cerebral level, trying to come up with something to write about or 2. burnout, where I can't even string two words together to save my life.

This doesn't leave me very much opportunity to write anywhere else. So for the meantime, I'm only writing for one revenue-sharing service where I earn the majority of my income.

This also leaves me with very little choice but to plan out other things that that income can support, assuming there aren't drastic changes. These drastic changes I've written about through the same service, since it seems to immediately benefit those within that specific community.

But it looks like I might have expressed my enjoyment a bit too soon because in another post, I found that my saint-like patience would be tested.

Right now, I'm waiting for some of these redemption payments which are already behind by several days. That's generally not a big deal for me. What is a big deal is not knowing if I'm still going to get the other pending payments before the rules changed when I need them?

I think I might need to explain this a bit more.

These are the dates I redeemed:

[09.21.2014],
[09.25.2014],
[10.03.2014],
[10.09.2014]

The rules are that one month after the redemption date, these payments are processed. So, regarding the first date, I expected to get a deposit notice via email on 10.21.2014.

I understand how things work! If not on that date than maybe two to three days after that. No big deal.

Maybe you're expecting that I'm financially well enough to be so said laid-back, but that's not true at all. I just understand how these things work. I made a commitment to deal with it when I first started; to just be patient.

But here's another very important detail about these redemption payments. The last three dates are at double the payments before them. So, the sums are larger which concerns me a bit more as they're in that pending limbo I mentioned, all during the time that the policy to redeem once a month kicked in with the additional 60 days redemption to deposit date.

All of this is uncertain and even more so if I only rely on this site for income. Besides this very tedious and stressful issue, I don't know that I would be doing myself a service by complaining. Most people get frustrated with even less, and I don't want to be that guy. I am going to stick with it but, I'm also seeing the reality of me returning to those online freelance slave-markets I hate.  

That just makes the fact that money is money more obscene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment