Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I've Stopped Looking For Traditional Jobs

Thinking About Jobs

When I got home this morning, I was yelled at and bitched out about where I had been. When I said that I was interviewing people for my podcast, my mom -- who was doing the yelling and the bitching -- told me to go get a job.

I'm almost forty years old and this shit is still happening to me. This is the kind of shit I have to deal with on a daily basis. Maybe I should have had my recorder on so you could hear it. Since then -- after some sleep -- I did nothing but mope around the apartment, So, I'm feeling some real lows right now.

One of the things I'm doing to get over this is looking for work. I checked craigslist and started looking at monster when I visualized myself working somewhere and the kinds of problems I would encounter such as, having to deal with co-workers.

Which is weird because I generally like people! I'm pretty aware of how things will eventually pan out. I'd lose the gig or lose my mind. One of the thoughts was how different types of people have their own issues and agendas, and would be hard to work with, which is unpleasant.

Before I knew it, one thing lead to another and I stopped looking. The only thing I can do at this point is to keep figuring out, how I'm going to approach my work-from-home prospects from here on.

No comments:

Post a Comment