Monday, March 23, 2015

Some Reminders Of My Approach To Being A Solopreneur

I listen to a lot of podcasts which is why I sleep with my tablet next to my head. I do actually sleep, despite what my mom thinks. Several hours later, I wake up and start checking my messages. A few hours after that, I'm getting more notifications I have to check and as my mom is going from the bathroom to her bedroom, she see's me with a tablet in my face and says: "put that thing down already!"

So now, wait a minute. I'm supposed to not check my messages? I'm supposed to not prepare for what I do, which is writing and communicating with people to keep my internet presence alive? I'm not supposed to prepare for shows I booked? Basically, I'm not supposed to do what I'm supposed to be doing?

One of the email messages I received is from a blog I subscribed to when I was first looking for a list of online writing sites. A few of his posts were marketing courses but a few of this guy's emails before, I find one that's on the same trajectory of why I'm having problems with my writing business.

I centered in on the part of organization. It's something I'm currently working on which is the same argument I've had to make to my mom who doesn't understand the committment to what I do. Fuck that it hardly makes me any money, which refers to another part of that article which talks about taking risks.

Plain and simple, Im going to be taking some risks today! But then I do that everyday and it's just the way it is and it's also a hard sell to someone who doesn't understand and keeps getting in my way of doing things, making my prospects that much riskier.

No comments:

Post a Comment