Monday, January 19, 2015

Let's Polish These Turds! #1

I'm always thinking about why I'm still doing what I do with completing surveys, writing internet content, commenting on forums for pay, etc. Why do I do that rather than go get an easy paycheck for some work for someone else?

Because what I do means I don't answer to anyone but myself. That's entirely the reason why I do it. These are real struggles that and I have to work my way through, with each scenario, each and every day. I have a compulsion and a passion that I need to follow. 

When I think about how this could help other people, it's not something I would go around preaching, not without starting with:
  • Adjusting To Uncertainty
  • Becoming A Hardened Debater
  • Be More Than Willing To Be A Hobo
The latter hasn't happened yet. It could have though. 

Were I in that situation and had the technical problems I'm having now, It would have tested me far more than how I'm being tested now. 

"The WriteNow Experiment: Introduction"

The Dirty Keyboard
Just so you know that the WriteNow Experiment was something that I used to do with some of my internet writing, when I had a wild hair up my ass and wanted to write on impulse. And lately when I was thinking about the clean slate, I decided that since I had already self-published an eBook that I can start writing another one using live posts. 

This post in particular is appropriate because it's the first one of the day, filters everything I'm thinking about at the moment and would make the perfect introduction to that book. (The WriteNow Experiment: Introduction)

"Busting My Balls For A Dollar A Day"


I've been trying to put my work from home writing schedule together by just doing it, which takes me through the real-time process of what it's like to know what it's like. This is that experience through Bubblews, which is pretty disheartening. (Busting My Balls For A Dollar A Day)

"Reviewing My Self-Publishing Experience"

Ebook entre libros de papel

In trying to get back to where I was at in December, I figured I would review the beginning of my journey into self-publishing. This is where I got over the hump that I was afraid to get over for about a year.  But the final push was worth it. That was then and this is now! (Reviewing My Self-Publishing Experience)


"Why Do Something If It Doesn't Make You any Money?"

I'm always walking a fine line (sometimes no line) between the personal and the business end of any of these things. Today, this is more of a personal thing where I'm constantly being asked to produce results as the other person sees it. Then, I'm constantly having to explain to them how all of these things work and why results can't be produced when they want them. I swear to fucking god, the struggle between who run's who's life around here is a daily battle (Why Do Something If It Doesn't Make You any Money?)


"What Were My eBook Marketing Challenges?"

Amazon Kindle Book store screenshot from PC in the US

I was going through some of my older posts; one of the problems I've had with Bubblews is that they select only up to 100 posts to review and then, unless you have the links for the others, you won't find them. So, this is where I stepped back in time to see where I was at with marketing my first eBook (I'm such a slut) and give my hindsight review. (What Were My eBook Marketing Challenges?)


"Caught In A Web Of Paytrayl"

Paypal August
A combination of things happened to me recently that made it pretty clear that, while PayPal is pretty easy compared to other ways of having and distributing money, it's still a pain in the bitch when you still have to resort to old school ways of depositing when dealing with cash. The main problem here though is also that a lot of people still refuse to use PayPal to get shit done. So, it's still not very easy for merchants. (Caught In A Web Of Paytrayl)


"Prioritizing A Sure Thing"


As I say at the beginning in the intro of this series, as a freelancer, I have to prioritize certain things in order for me to make some money immediately. Currently, it's something that might pay me before the end of the week if I really bust my nuts to get it done. In the end, is it a sure thing? This is all about taking chances, unfortunately, a new way of me hoping I can get something done! (Prioritizing A Sure Thing)

Well. I'm not sure what to call this little series here but hopefully I'll be able to do more of them by the bulk. Leave some feedback here (as you won't be able to on Bubblews unless you have an account... wouldn't recommend getting one though) and let me know if I've gone far enough or not with some of these things or if you can relate to any of them? I don't think I've established the writing from home for pay crowd just yet.

But in any case, read and share these posts if you can, on your blogs or wherever so that I get a little money in my pocket, for drugs and booze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment