Thursday, July 3, 2014

Even writers need more than a dial-up connection

"patricia-fortes_274793_8713_a" is a morgueFile free photo By Patuska


I know what my problem is. My problem is that I won't tolerate writers with Luddite sensibilities for writing tools. I'm mildly surprised by how many writers there are out there who call themselves writers but won't write anything if it isn't on paper or a typewriter.

They claim that they're purists but they're not so much that they walk around with stone slates and chisels, or paints. Why would I even try to write anything down on paper when I'm going to type it up on the computer anyway? I have a big problem with these people and I refuse to change my mind about it.

It's been an uphill battle with me having a stable connection to the internet for this past year. I'm almost afraid that it's going to be taken away from me soon if I don't bust my ass to try and pay it off right this second. So, I'm taking this opportunity to start writing about it here on this blog where I vent about the challenges of writing.

It isn't as challenging as it used to be, but there are still battles I have to fight because I refuse to go back to a traditional job; meaning to work for anyone else. It's not going to happen.

For a year I've been either tethering, sharing a WiFi signal or maintaining a mobile hotspot to the internet  which all had their limitations such as too expensive to maintain or not strong enough to support some of the services I have to use.

Despite all of that, I've had to find a workaround to keep my daily quota; eventually I'll talk more about that here as I imagine I'll be going through all that shit again so we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment