Monday, July 7, 2014

Preemptive writing satisfaction

"Creation centralLicense Attribution Some rights reserved by Darkpartment

I know that there is such thing as being satisfied. I bitch and complain a lot about problems with writing which is the reason I started this blog, but sometimes I am happy with my daily writing tasks and meeting my goals.

But last night I felt as if I hadn't done enough to meet my goal this time and have been falling behind on that as a priority. I actually left the computer with the idea that I was going to come back hardcore and meet these goals today (Monday), but I'm doing it without a plan. 

I think the whole point here is to just take what's in my head currently and write it out as best as I possibly can as I post, which is how I do things by default. 

I have tried many other ways but there's always that discomfort of uncertainty if I don't automatically do them that way when I feel I need to meet those goals. 

Which means I have to really be focused and engaged to relieve that stress. 

That's really the answer to everything, isn't it?

Once I go through that experience on a daily basis, I know I'll feel like I've actually done something, after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment