Thursday, July 10, 2014

The freelancer's drag

It's like a Scott Joplin piece, the freelancer's drag.*
It's actually more like the drag a freelancer has when they start slacking off.
That's been happening more lately.
But when you're low, there's no way to go but up.
It's perhaps because I'm forcing myself to deal with the fact that I might be a bit overwhelmed.
When this happened in traditional jobs, I likely would freak out because I had to do it, or it was my ass.
Toward the end of my workforce stretch, I stopped giving a shit and so I'm hooked on taking the hit.
I have my process in that I answer to no one and I can't beat myself up over it.
Feels good.

*I meant rag but then, I don't expect that anyone reading this is old enough to know what that is much less Scott Joplin.

No comments:

Post a Comment